zot(redirected from zotting)
1. slang To strike someone or something with one's fist. The bouncer zotted the unruly patron on the side of the head and threw him out into the alley.
2. slang To give someone or something an electric shock. Just zot the cow with the cattle-prod if he's not moving. Poor guy got zotted by lightning last week.
3. slang To kill or murder someone. The police found Tommy Tuco floating in the Hudson last night. I heard he got zotted by the Farreli family. The author came under fire from fans for zotting the popular character in his second book.
slang To kill or murder someone. I heard Tommy Tuco got zotzed by the Farreli family last week. The author came under fire from fans for zotzing the popular character in his second book.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. and zot. (zɑt) n. zero; nothing. I went out to get the mail, but there was zot.
2. tv. to kill someone or something. Sam threatened to zotz Joel Cairo, but it was just a threat.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.