Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
zonk someone out
1. Sl. to make someone tired or exhausted. All the work zonked him out. She zonked out the team with the long practice.
2. . Sl. to cause someone to become intoxicated. The drug zonked Max out totally. It zonked out Max.
Sl. to collapse from exhaustion; to go into a stupor from drugs or exhaustion. I'm gonna go home and zonk out. I went home after the trip and just zonked out.
1. To go to sleep, especially due to exhaustion; conk out: I was so tired that I zonked out without even taking off my shoes.
2. To lose consciousness or awareness: The driver zonked out behind the wheel and ran off the road.
3. To cause someone or something to lose consciousness or awareness: Even a small dose of this cough syrup can zonk you out.
in. to collapse from exhaustion; to go into a stupor from drugs or exhaustion; to go to sleep. I’m gonna go home and zonk out.