yuck it up(redirected from yucking it up)
Also found in: Dictionary.
1. slang An expression or exclamation of extreme disgust, aversion, or contempt. Oh, yuck! What is that horrible smell? They want me to spend my Saturday picking up trash for charity? Yuck, no thanks. A: "Then he told me to either put out or get out." B: "Wow, yuck. What a pig."
2. noun, dated A hearty or boisterous laugh. (A variant of "yuk.") The comedian got a couple of yucks from the audience.
3. noun, dated That which evokes or results in a hearty laugh. (A variant of "yuk.") My dad always appreciated a good, cheesy yuck.
4. verb, dated To laugh heartily or joke enthusiastically. (A variant of "yuk.") Used especially in the phrase "yuck it up." Go ahead. Yuck it up. I'm glad you think my misfortune is so hilarious! We spent more time yucking it up than actually getting any work done.
yuck it up
To laugh boisterously and enthusiastically. Go ahead. Yuck it up. I'm glad you think my misfortune is so hilarious! We spent more time yucking it up than actually getting any work done.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
yuckand yuk (jək)
1. n. someone or something disgusting. (Also a term of address.) I don’t want any of that yuck on my plate!
2. exclam. Horrible! (Usually Yuck!) Oh, yuck! Get that horrible thing out of here!
3. n. a joke. Come on! Chill out! It was just a yuck.
4. Go to yack.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.