you have (got) to laugh(redirected from you've to laugh)
you have (got) to laugh
You have to try and appreciate that this unfortunate situation is at least a little bit funny. I know you're upset about how the date went, but you've got to laugh—it is quite funny that you kept calling him the wrong name all night. The prime minister keeps making such horrible, ridiculous comments. They're so beyond the realm of reality that sometimes you just have to laugh.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
you have to ˈlaugh(spoken) used to say that you think there is a funny side to a situation: Well, I’m sorry you’ve lost your shoes, but you’ve got to laugh, haven’t you?
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- less said , the better
- it's no good/use crying over spilt milk
- it's no use crying over spilled milk
- (it's/there's) no good crying over spilt milk
- (it's/there's) no use crying over spilled milk
- (it's/there's) no use crying over spilt milk
- (there's) no point crying over spilt milk
- best of a bad bargain, to make the
- make the best of
- make the best of a bad situation