yak it up(redirected from yaks it up)
yak it up
1. To vomit what one had previously eaten. Don't let the dog eat that, or he'll spend the rest of the afternoon yakking it up! That fish isn't sitting right in my stomach. I feel like I might have to yak it up.
2. To talk ceaselessly or at great length (about something). My dad has no trouble yakking it up about the time he spent traveling around South America. I was worried my guest wouldn't have much to say on the topic, but she yakked it up for a solid hour.
3. To converse (with someone) very easily and at length. She spent the whole party yakking it up with one of the producers. She was relieved to see her boyfriend yakking it up with her dad and brothers.
1. slang To vomit (something). A noun or pronoun can be used between "yak" and "up." The dog has this nasty habit of eating candles off the table and then yakking them up all over the carpet later. We both yakked up our dinner the whole night, so there was definitely something wrong with what they served us.
2. slang To talk ceaselessly or at great length (about something). My dad can always yak up a storm about the time he spent traveling around South America. Sarah always ends up yakking up something controversial whenever she's around my family.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
yak it up
tv. to talk incessantly or a lot. Why don’t you all just yak it up while I get ready to give the talk?
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.