yak(redirected from yakking)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to yakking: yacks
tech Small, seemingly-insignificant tasks that need to be completed before a larger one can be done. I know you're waiting on me for the software update, I'm doing this yak shaving as fast as I can!
yak ator yack at
1. To talk at length to someone without regard for his or her interest: My neighbors yakked at me about their new dog for over an hour.
2. To nag someone noisily or peevishly: Her parents yakked at her for getting home so late.
See also: yak
yak upor yack up
To eject some contents of the stomach by vomiting: He was so sick today that he yakked up his lunch. The dog ate some leather and then yakked it up.
n. chatter; gossip. That’s enough yackety-yak. Quiet!
yakand yack (jæk)
1. in. to talk. Stop yakking for a minute.
2. n. a chat. We had a nice little yack and then left for work.
3. n. a joke. Don’t tell that yack again. It’s not a winner.
4. n. a laugh from a joke. The audience produced a feeble yak that was mostly from embarrassment.
5. in. to vomit. (Onomatopoetic.) Hank was in the john yakking all night.
6. n. cognac. (Streets.) My man, have some yak.
yak it up
tv. to talk incessantly or a lot. Why don’t you all just yak it up while I get ready to give the talk?