write into (something or some place)(redirected from wrote these into)
write into (something or some place)
1. To send a message to some group or organization by mail, email, or text message. Every week we get tons of people writing into the station asking us to play all sorts of crazy music. Someone wrote into the office the other day with a complaint about one of our employees. That's it for this week's show. Don't forget to write into us and tell us about your favorite memories for our anniversary special.
2. To write or type some piece of information inside of something. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is used between "write" and "into." He wrote the information into his notebook. She wrote her number into my phone and told me to call her sometime soon. I kept my laptop open during the lecture so I could write things into my notes if I needed.
3. To insert or include something inside of a document or contract. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is usually used between "write" and "into." It turns out that they had written into the contract a clause giving the CEO total control over the company in certain situations. She made sure to write those specific terms into her contract before she would agree to sign.
See also: write
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
write something into somethingand write something in
1. to write information into something. I wrote her telephone number into my notebook. I wrote in her number. I took out my notebook and wrote it in.
2. . to include a specific statement or provision in a document, such as a contract or agreement. I want you to write a stronger security clause into my contract. I will write in a stronger clause.
See also: write