wrap it up
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
wrap it up
1. To get to the point of what one is saying. Often used as an imperative. Wrap it up, Bob, you've been talking for nearly half an hour already. We're running short on time, so I'm afraid we'll have to start wrapping it up.
2. To stop making noise; stop talking. Often used as an imperative. OK, you two in the back, wrap it up! I'd like to finish my lesson without you distracting me.
3. slang To put on a condom before sexual intercourse. You're putting yourself at risk if you don't wrap it up every time.
1. To wrap something, such as a gift. Don't forget to wrap up Dan's present before you go to the party.
2. To complete something, such as a task; to put the finishing touches on something. You go on ahead, I just need to wrap up some work before I head home. OK, everyone, let's wrap it up for tonight.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
wrap it upbe quiet. British informal
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017