wolf(redirected from wolfs)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
slang A man who habitually and aggressively attempts to seduce women. I could tell by his demeanor that he was a real wolf, and that he'd do and say just about anything to get me to go to bed with him.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. a bold and aggressive male. (see also fine wolf.) He sees himself as a lady-killer. The chicks see him as an old-fashioned wolf.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- A growing youth has a wolf in his belly
- a lone wolf
- a wolf in sheep's clothing
- between dog and wolf
- buy a/(one's) wolf ticket
- buy wolf ticket
- buy wolf tickets
- cry wolf
- cry wolf, to
- cut (one's) wolf loose
- cut one’s wolf loose
- cut wolf loose
- fine wolf
- growing youth has a wolf in his belly
- have a wolf by the ears
- have a/the wolf by the ear(s)
- hold a wolf by the ears
- it's a foolish sheep that makes the wolf his confessor
- keep the wolf from the door
- keep the wolf from the door, to
- lone wolf
- man is a wolf to man
- put (one's) head in the wolf's mouth
- sell a wolf ticket
- sell wolf tickets
- the boy who cried wolf
- The wolf is at the door
- the wolf is at the/(one's) door
- When poverty comes in at the door, love flies out of the window
- when the wolf comes in (at) the door, love creeps out (of) the window
- wolf at the door
- wolf at the/(one's) door
- wolf down
- wolf in sheep's clothing
- wolf in sheep's clothing, a
- wolf something down
- wolf whistle