wipe up(redirected from wipes me up)
1. To remove some substance, typically a liquid, from a surface by using a cloth or other material to wipe it. He handed the child a paper towel to wipe up the spilled milk. Make sure you wipe that mud up before anyone tracks it into the house.
2. To clean or dry some surface by remove a substance, typically a liquid, by wiping it with a cloth or some similar material. I just need to wipe up the baby's bottom and put on a clean diaper. Will you wipe up the table for me before dinner?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
wipe something up
1. to clean something up by wiping. Please wipe that spilled milk up. Jim wiped up the spill.
2. to clean something dirty by wiping. The floor was sticky so I wiped it up. Please wipe up the countertop.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. To remove something completely, especially a liquid, from a surface by wiping: Please wipe up the milk you spilled. There was a puddle by the door, so I wiped it up.
2. To clean or dry something or someone by wiping: Please wipe up those vases before putting them on the table. I wiped the baby up with a washcloth after feeding time.
3. To succeed in winning all of something: The team wiped up all the blue ribbons in the tournament that afternoon.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.