Also found in: Dictionary, Wikipedia.
1. slang A wild or lavish party, festivity, or celebration. The popstar is known for throwing the wildest wingdings in all of California. I'm glad you had fun at your little wingding, but you and your friends nearly destroyed our house!
2. slang By extension, anything great, wild, or excessive. Usually used in the form "a wingding of a…." Mary and I had a wingding of a fight over the finances last night. We were expecting a wingding of a party, but it turned out to be pretty lame.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a love affair; a sexual affair. Sam and Martha brought their little whing-ding to an end.
2. n. a gadget. I’ve never seen one of these little wing-dings so banged up.
3. and whinger n. a wild drinking party; drinking spree. Fred had one of the best whing-dings this town has ever seen.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.