whiz by(redirected from whizzed by)
1. To pass or seem to pass by with great speed. The car whizzed by so fast that I couldn't make out the numbers on its license plate. Wow, the summer has been just whizzing by, hasn't it?
2. To pass by someone or something with great speed. Tom whizzed by me on the way to his class, so I didn't have a chance to ask him out. I think college whizzed by all of us. It's hard to believe that it's over, huh?
3. To be unable to have been understood or noticed by someone. That joke just seemed to whiz by Alan. I thought I was prepared, but the questions on the quiz totally whizzed by me.
whiz byor whizz by
1. To pass quickly, as of a moving object or an interval of time: I looked out the window of the train and watched the faces whiz by.
2. To pass someone or something quickly: The motorcycle whizzed by us on the freeway.