whip away(redirected from whips you away)
To remove and escort someone or something from some place or take someone or something away from someone in a very hurried or aggressive manner. Security forces whipped the president away after the first gunshots were heard. After giving the journalists a very brief glimpse at the prototype, the company whipped it away back into their lab. The police officer whipped the parent away from her children.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
whip something away (from someone)
to jerk something away from someone suddenly. The mugger whipped Sally's purse away from her and ran. The thief whipped away the purse.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- be/have done with somebody/something
- be in line with (someone or something)
- better of
- (someone or something) promises well
- bear off from (someone or something)
- begin with
- begin with (someone or something)
- at the expense of somebody/something
- be enamored with (someone or something)
- beware of (someone or something)