when A sneezes, B catches a cold
when (something) sneezes, (something else) catches a cold
When a person, group, or entity has a problem or experiences a negative situation, a related person, group, or entity will consequently have a worse problem or will experience a more negative situation. When Paris sneezes, Europe catches a cold. Terrorism in France affects security throughout the continent.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
when A ˈsneezes, B catches a ˈcold(also if A catches a ˈcold, B gets pneuˈmonia less frequent) if one person, organization, country, etc. has a problem, the effects of this on another person, organization or country are much more serious: When Wall Street sneezes, the world catches a cold.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- if (something) catches a cold, (something else) gets pneumonia
- if (something) sneezes, (something else) catches a cold
- when (something) catches a cold, (something else) gets pneumonia
- when (something) sneezes, (something else) catches a cold
- when the US/UK/China, etc. sneezes, Japan/Germany, etc. catches cold
- an insult to one is an insult to all