what (someone) doesn't know can't hurt them(redirected from what you do not know can not hurt you)
what (someone) doesn't know can't hurt them
Remaining ignorant or uninformed about something will allow someone to not have to worry about, feel responsible for, or get upset by it. A: "Where are you going?" B: "It's better that you stay in the dark about this. What you don't know can't hurt you." A: "Mom will freak out if she finds out that you took the car without asking!" B: "Of course she will. But what Mom doesn't know can't hurt her."
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- what (someone) doesn't know won't hurt them
- what one doesn't know won't hurt one
- What you don't know won't hurt you
- what the eye doesn't see
- what the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve over
- stay in the dark
- stay in the dark about (something)
- keep (someone) in the dark (about something)
- keep in the dark
- keep someone in the dark