What's eating (someone)?
What's bothering someone? Why is someone in a bad mood? What's eating Terry today? I asked him how his weekend was and he just glared at me. I've never seen her act that way before. What's eating her?
See also: eating
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
What's eating someone?
Inf. Fig. What is bothering someone? Tom: Go away! Bob: Gee, Tom, what's eating you? Bill: Tom's so grouchy lately. What's eating him? Bob: Beats me!
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be in bad with (someone)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- brief (someone) about (someone or something)