whack out(redirected from whacks us out)
1. slang To cause one to enter a state of extreme exhaustion, especially such that one cannot think or react properly. A noun or pronoun can be used between "whack" and "out." The jetlag from these transatlantic flights always whacks me out really badly. You don't want to whack out your employees with such long work weeks, or their productivity will start to suffer.
2. slang To intoxicate one, especially to the point of incoherence, belligerence, or senselessness. A noun or pronoun can be used between "whack" and "out." I'm usually able to keep it together when I smoke weed, but that stuff whacked me out last night! Tom was so whacked out at the party that he couldn't speak properly by the end of the night.
3. slang To murder or arrange the murder of one. Used especially in relation to organized crime. A noun or pronoun can be used between "whack" and "out." The guy is such a psycho. He'd whack someone out just for looking at him the wrong way! The mob whacks out anyone who testifies against them in court.
4. slang To produce, create, or assemble something very hurriedly, haphazardly, or lazily. A noun or pronoun can be used between "whack" and "out." You could tell he had whacked the essay out at the very last minute. The software is in need of some major updates, but the company seems content to whack out a few measly performance patches throughout the year.
5. slang To present or bring forth something very suddenly. A noun or pronoun can be used between "whack" and "out." He suddenly whacked out a voice recorder and revealed that he had been recording everything I said. She whacked a camera out and took pictures of everyone at the ceremony.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
wack someone outverb
wack something outverb
w(h)ack someone (out)
tv. to kill somebody. (Underworld.) Willie made another try at whacking Albert out last evening.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.