wet (oneself)(redirected from wetting themselves)
1. Literally, to urinate while wearing one's clothing. I had to go to the bathroom so bad that I'd nearly wet myself by the time I made it home. Sarah has just finished potty training, but she still wets herself from time to time.
2. To laugh hysterically or uncontrollably. (Usually used in the continuous tense.) Raj's new boyfriend is hilarious, he had us wetting ourselves through the whole lunch!
3. To be extremely excited or giddy. (Usually used in the continuous tense.) Abigail and I were nearly wetting ourselves with excitement for the concert to start!
See also: wet
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
wet your ˈpants/ˈknickers(informal) accidentally urinate (= get rid of water from your body) in your underwear: I was laughing so much I almost wet myself!
See also: wet
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
1. mod. alcohol intoxicated. He’s been drinking since noon and is pretty wet.
2. mod. having to do with an area where is it legal to sell alcohol. (Compare this with dry.) Is it wet or dry in this county?
3. mod. feeble; in the manner of a nerd. Tom is totally wet. What a jerk.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.