wear (one's) apron high(redirected from wear somebody's apron high)
1. noun An extreme or maximum level of something. The high this week will be 80 degrees.
2. noun A state of drug-induced euphoria or intoxication. This stuff will give you a nice, mellow high.
3. noun A state of euphoria or happiness (not induced by drugs, though sometimes likened to such a state). The thrill of seeing the ultra-rare bird was a high I'll never forget. The high of my book tour was soon replaced with the dread of having to start writing the next one.
4. noun A period of general excellence; a pinnacle. A lot of fans think that rock music was at its high in the late '60s. The highs of parenthood make the lows worth it.
5. adjective Describing someone experiencing a state of drug-induced intoxication or euphoria. We got high before the concert. Mom was furious when she found out we were high at the family reunion.
wear (one's) apron high
euphemism To be pregnant. You two have only been married for a couple of months, I can't believe you're wearing your apron high already!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. mod. alcohol or drug intoxicated. They went out for the evening to get high, and for no other reason.
2. n. a state of euphoria caused by drugs or alcohol. His life is nothing but one high after another.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
highon/off the hog Slang
In a lavish or extravagant manner: lived high on the hog after getting his inheritance.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.