floored(redirected from was floored)
To cause one a great deal of shock, surprise, or disbelief. Her accusations totally floored me. How on earth could she think that I had been stealing from the company? The severity of the losses floored the board of directors.
1. Shocked or flabbergasted. I was completely floored by Rob's declaration of love—I had no idea he felt that way about me!
2. slang Struck and knocked to the floor. Can you believe that bully got floored by such a scrawny kid?
3. slang Drunk. Do you remember last night at the bar at all? You were really floored!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. mod. surprised. You looked floored when I came in. Wasn’t I invited?
2. mod. knocked to the floor by a blow. The guy was floored and didn’t move a muscle—ever again.
3. mod. alcohol intoxicated. He’s totally floored. Can’t see a hole in a ladder.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.