warm to (someone or something)(redirected from warm him to)
warm to (someone or something)
1. To slowly begin to like or have a better opinion of someone or something. I'm not aloof, it just takes me a while to warm to new people. It took my dad nearly a year before he warmed to my boyfriend. Don't worry, the board just needs some time to warm to your idea.
2. To cause someone or something to be more appealing or seem more favorable to someone or something else. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is used between "warm" and "to." The financial success of their trial run definitely warmed the unusual idea to investors. There are certain ways to improve your body language that can help warm you to interviewers.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. To become more kindly or favorably disposed to someone or something: I think they are warming to my idea.
2. To make someone or something more kindly or favorably disposed to someone or something: We're trying to warm the committee to our new proposal.
3. To make someone more appealing to someone or something: The new administration is very responsive, which has warmed them to many people.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.