(You) wanna make something of it?(redirected from wanna make something of it?)
(You) wanna make something of it?
A threat to fight or argue about something, usually something that should be minor or easy to overlook. ("Wanna" is a colloquial contraction of "want to." "Something" is often shortened to "somethin'," or, more colloquially, "sumpin'.") A: "Yeah? You wanna make something of it?" B: "No, I'm sorry, I simply wasn't thinking when I said that about your marriage. That's all." A: "I heard yer daddy got fired fer drinkin' on the job again." B: "That's right. Wanna make sumpin' of it? Cuz I'd be more'n happy to wipe that smug grin off yer face!"
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
Wanna make sumpin’ of it?verb
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (do) (you) want to make something of it?
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- all for the best
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- a horse of another
- a horse of another color
- a horse of another colour
- all righty