wangle (one) into (some place or some situation)(redirected from wangle him into)
wangle (one) into (some place or some situation)
To succeed in getting someone into some location or situation by tricky, clever, or persuasive means. It turned out that Rajesh knew the bouncer at the club, so he was able to wangle us into the place even though we weren't on the guest list. I don't know how I let Jeff wangle me into looking after his dogs this weekend—I don't even like dogs!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- wangle (one's) way into (some place or some situation)
- wangle (one's) way out of (something)
- wangle out of
- wangle out of (someone or something)
- take a firm grip on
- take a firm grip on (someone or something)
- (someone) could sell an icebox to an Eskimo
- (someone) could sell sawdust to a lumber mill