wallpaper(redirected from wallpapering)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia.
slang A person with no or very little personality, charisma, influence, importance, etc.; a nobody. The biggest problem is that the film's protagonist is just wallpaper, standing around ineffectually, making bland observations about the things happening around her. Sarah's new boyfriend is cute, but he's just kind of wallpaper, don't you think?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. worthless checks. (Underworld.) The feds followed a trail of wallpaper from St. Louis to San Francisco and made the pinch.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- be the power behind the throne
- (Someone or something) called, they want their (something) back!
- power behind the throne
- power behind the throne, the
- the power behind the throne
- rotten apple spoils the barrel
- a bad apple spoils the (whole) barrel
- a rotten apple spoils the (whole) barrel
- a rotten apple spoils the (whole) bushel