walk around(redirected from walked around)
1. To move or pace around (some area) on foot. I need to walk around for a little while after sitting at my desk for so long. He kept walking anxiously around the room, as if he couldn't stand still.
2. To bypass or maneuver around something on foot. I make a point of walking around that office building on my way to work so I won't have to worry about bumping into my ex. The only choice was to walk around the entire area.
3. To move throughout some place on foot, as during a visit. I just spent the first day of my vacation walking around the city, taking in the sights and sampling some of the local cuisine. The superintendent walked around the school as she inspected the staff, facilities, classrooms.
walk around something
1. to avoid something by passing around it. Let's walk around this muddy place in the path.
2. to tour something or some place on foot. I will walk around the park while I am waiting for you. Let me walk around the grounds and see what potential they offer.
to move around walking; to pace around. I need to walk around and get some fresh air. Why don't we walk around for a while before we go in?