walk over (someone)(redirected from walk over me)
walk over (someone)
1. To use someone to further one's own agenda or self-interests. You need to discipline your students so that they don't walk over you.
2. To defeat an opponent decisively and easily. They might be the number one seed in the tournament, but we're determined not to let them walk over us.
walk over (to someone or something)
to move to someone or something on foot. I walked over to her and asked her what she thought. I just walked over.
1. See walk all over.
2. Defeat easily, as in We walked over them in that practice game but don't know how we'll do in the real thing . [Second half of 1900s]
1. To move over something by walking: We walked over the hot coals.
2. To treat someone badly or contemptuously: Teachers must be assertive or children will walk all over them.
3. To gain an easy or uncontested victory over: In the final football game of the year, Harvard walked over Yale 35 to 7.