walk a mile in (someone's) shoes(redirected from walk a mile in my shoes)
walk a mile in (someone's) shoes
To spend time trying to consider or understand another person's perspectives, experiences, or motivations before making a judgment about them. I know that certain people can come across as selfish or mean-spirited, but you should try walking a mile in their shoes before you dismiss them too quickly.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- don't judge a person until you have walked (a mile) in their shoes
- don't judge someone until you have walked (a mile) in their shoes
- don't judge a man until you have walked (a mile) in his shoes
- there are two sides to every story
- know (someone or something) like a book
- know like a book
- know like a book, to
- (one) can read (someone) like a book
- search your heart/soul/conscience