vault over (someone or something)(redirected from vaulted over)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
vault over (someone or something)
To bound or leap over someone or something, especially by using one's hands to propel oneself upward. The robber vaulted over the fence and disappeared down an alleyway. The soccer superstar actually managed to vault over the defensive player, regain control of the ball, and send an amazing shot into the net.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
vault over someone or something
to jump or leap over someone or something. Molly vaulted over Ted and kept on running. She vaulted over the trunk.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- leave oneself wide open for
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open for (something)
- leave (someone, something, or oneself) (wide) open to (something)
- leave open
- leave yourself wide open to something
- reproach (someone or something) with (something)
- reproach with
- wash hands of
- wash your hands of somebody/something
- wash your hands of something/someone