under the eye of somebody
under the (watchful) eye of
Under the careful protection, care, or surveillance of (someone). They were supposed to be under the watchful eye of the teachers during the field trip, but two of the students managed to slip away undetected and went missing in the nearby woods. One had to be extremely careful what one said publicly back in those days, as we were all under the eye of the Soviet Union.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
under the (watchful) eye of somebodybeing watched carefully by somebody: The children played under the watchful eye of their father.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- under the (watchful) eye of
- have (one's)/an eye out for (someone or something)
- keep (one's) eye out for (someone or something)
- keep an eye out for
- keep an eye out for (someone or something)
- watch out for
- watch out for (someone or something)
- keep an eye peeled (for something or someone)
- if you can't be good, be careful
- be careful