twist around one's finger(redirected from turn around one's finger)
twist (someone) around (one's) (little) finger
To gain complete control or dominance over someone; to make someone do whatever one wishes. The spoiled little brat has completely twisted his parents around his little finger. Everyone jealously accused her of twisting the boss around her finger.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
twist around one's finger
Also, turn or wind or wrap around one's finger . Exert complete control over someone, do as one likes with someone, as in Alison could twist just about every man around her finger. This hyperbolic term dates from the mid-1800s.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- (one) won't eat (someone)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- (one) won't bite (someone)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)