turn round/around and do something(redirected from turn around and)
turn around and (do something)
To suddenly do something that is unexpected and often undesired. I was expecting a slap on the wrist or something for making such an inappropriate joke, but then they turned around and fired me! I was so shaken after she turned around and shouted at me during dinner.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
turn round/around and do something(informal) say or do something unexpected and unfair: He just turned round and told her that he was leaving. She couldn’t believe it.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- a crack at (someone or something)
- all right
- (you) wanna make something of it?
- all for the best
- a thing of the past
- a slew of (something)