Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
(do something) a treat
To do something very well, adeptly, or satisfactorily. Primarily heard in UK. After we oiled up the chain a bit, that old bike worked a treat. My daughter's singing went down a treat with the family members gathered at our house for Christmas. Wow, this suit fits a treat! It makes such a difference going to a tailor.
See also: treat
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
treat someone (for something) (with something)
to attempt to cure someone's illness, injury, or disease with something. The doctor treated me for the flu with aspirin. It didn't work, but it was cheap. They treated him for his broken bones. Ann treated him with the appropriate therapy.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- (do something) a treat
- a treat
- be in for a treat
- case of
- Dutch treat
- go down a treat
- handle (someone or something) with kid gloves
- handle (someone or something) without gloves
- handle, treat, etc. somebody with kid gloves
- How's life (treating you)?
- How's the world (been) treating you?
- How's the world treating you?
- kid gloves, to handle/treat with
- stand (someone) to a treat
- stand to a treat
- stand treat
- that went down a treat
- treat (one) like a mushroom
- treat (one) like dirt
- treat (one) like muck
- treat (one) like royalty
- treat (someone or oneself) to (something)
- treat (someone or something) as (someone or something else)
- treat (someone or something) like (someone or something else)
- treat (someone or something) with kid gloves
- treat as
- treat like
- treat like dirt
- treat of
- treat of (something)
- treat somebody like dirt
- treat someone like dirt
- treat someone with kid gloves
- treat them mean, keep them keen
- treat to
- treat with
- treat with (someone or something)
- treated like a mushroom
- trick or treat
- work a treat