References in periodicals archive ?
The trial of these Manchester 20-year-olds at St George's Hall in 1952 was a travesty of justice, with the jury, following a lengthy 13-day trial and total lack of any forensic evidence, condemning them after a mere 75 minutes
In Karachi, this travesty of justice has become so frequent that SSP Anwar has been given the moniker of 'encounter specialist' all under the very nose of both superiors in the police department and the provincial government.
A typical example of their perverted judgement is that of Nick Clegg, MP, being honoured - what a travesty of justice.
A typical example of their perverted judgement is that of Nick Clegg, MP being honoured - what a travesty of justice.
Dual standard of justice is travesty of justice,' he underscored.
To blame Pakistan for chaos in Afghanistan is travesty of justice and the country is deliberately being blamed to befool the people of the United States,' he said while hitting out at the Trump administration.
The Supreme Court, in its order, said, "Having heard learned counsel for the parties, we are of the convinced opinion that grant of further time to the respondent-contemnor and entertaining post-dated cheques, which are dated 11th November, 2017, would tantamount to travesty of justice and extending unwarranted sympathy to a person who is indubitably an abuser of the process of law.
This column continues to campaign against the Shrewsbury 24 travesty of justice in 1972.
IT WOULD be travesty of justice to make the proposed changes to the land owned by the Farnley Estates, especially to build houses in the green belt.
Condemning 183 rather than 683 people to die after a cursory and one-sided trial is still a travesty of justice.
According to this film, the trial was a travesty of justice.
WHAT a travesty of justice given out to the Marine who shot an insurgent in Afghanistan.
The unbalanced rulings highlight the Bahraini Judiciary's travesty of justice.
It was a travesty of justice that the US Department of Justice advised Bush that Guantanamo was outside US legal jurisdiction.
For senior managers to receive these massive increases at a time when 9,000 of their workers have their pay frozen for three years is a travesty of justice and Labour should hang their heads in shame.
Idioms browser ?
- trap in
- trap into
- Trash it!
- trash mouth
- travel across
- Travel broadens the mind
- travel by
- travel for
- travel light
- travel on
- travel over
- travel through
- travel with
- travesty of justice
- tread a difficult, solitary, etc. path
- tread a fine line between (something)
- tread a thin line between (something)
- tread a/the (type of) path
- tread carefully
- tread carefully, warily, etc.
- tread lightly
- tread on
- tread on (one's) heels
- tread on (someone's) toes
- tread on air
- tread on somebody's heels
- tread on somebody's toes
- tread on someone's toes
- tread tackie
- tread the boards
- tread warily
- tread water
- tread/walk a fine/thin line
- tread/walk a tightrope
- treat (one) like dirt
- treat (one) like muck
Full browser ?
- Traversing plate
- Traversing platform
- Traversing Unit
- Traverso-Longmire technique
- travesty of justice
- Traviès de Villers, Charles Joseph
- Travis (disambiguation)
- Travis Air Force Base
- Travis Bickle
- Travis Central Appraisal District
- Travis Community Education Foundation
- Travis County
- Travis County Amateur Radio Emergency Service
- Travis County Bar Association
- Travis County Credit Union
- Travis County Emergency Services District
- Travis County Emergency Unit
- Travis County Expo Center
- Travis County Healthcare District
- Travis County Jail
- Travis County Libertarian Party
- Travis County Republican Party
- Travis County Search and Rescue
- Travis County Services for the Deaf
- Travis County Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Travis County Sheriff's Office