Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. slang One's mouth. You'd better keep your trap shut if you know what's good for you! I decided to close my trap after she shot me that withering look.
2. The trapezius muscle. Usually referred to in pairs. He had incredibly well defined traps and lats. I think I pulled the trap on my right side during that exercise.
1. n. the mouth. (Crude.) Put this in your trap and chew it up.
2. n. a low place; a dive. This trap is a mess. Clean it up!
n. the trapezium muscles, considered in pairs. (Bodybuilding.) This exercise is really good for your traps.
See also: trap
- (as) sharp as a steel trap
- avoid the trap of (doing something)
- be trapped in a time warp
- bear trap
- death trap
- fall into
- fall into a trap
- fall into the trap
- fall into the trap of (doing something)
- fall into/avoid the trap of doing something
- fly out of the traps
- fly trap
- fox trap
- have a mind as sharp as a steel trap
- have a mind like a steel trap
- honey trap
- mind like a steel trap, have a
- race out of the traps
- set a trap
- set a trap (for someone or something)
- Shut your face!
- shut your mouth/trap/face/gob!
- shut your trap
- Shut your trap!
- speed trap
- spring a trap
- spring a/the trap
- storm out of the traps
- thirst trap
- tourist trap
- trap (someone or something) in (something)
- trap (someone or something) into (something)
- trap in
- trap into
- Zip your trap!