Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
1. noun, slang A drinking binge; a drunken spree. Tom went out on a toot with his friends again, which means he'll be coming home around 4 AM totally wasted.
2. noun, slang A small amount of cocaine to inhale through the nose. A: "Hey, man. Want a toot?" B: "No, thanks. I'm not into that stuff." I started doing a toot or two to get me through each morning, but then it spiraled into a much more serious addiction.
3. verb, slang A fart, especially one that is small but audible. I bent over to tie my shoelaces and let out a little toot. To kids, there isn't much that's funnier than toots.
4. verb, slang To snort (some powdered drug, especially cocaine). I walked into a room full of people tooting off a glass table. That's when I knew it was time to leave the party. I used to toot a little coke now and then when I was in college, but I gave that crap up after I graduated.
5. verb, slang To emit a small, often audible fart. Oops! Sorry for tooting! My kids thought it was hilarious when I tooted in front of them.
toot (one's) own horn
To boast or brag about one's own abilities, skills, success, achievements, etc. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but this pasta sauce I made is quite delicious! I can't stand being around Marcus ever since his company became such a massive success. The guy just can't stop tooting his own horn!
toot (one's) own trumpet
To boast or brag about one's own abilities, skills, success, achievements, etc. I don't mean to toot my own trumpet, but this pasta sauce I made is quite delicious! I can't stand being around Marcus since his company became such a massive success. The guy just can't stop tooting his own trumpet!
1. n. a binge; a drinking spree. Harry’s on a toot again.
2. tv. & in. to drink copiously. She could toot booze from dusk to dawn.
3. n. an emotional jag of some kind. She’s on a toot about how nobody loves her anymore.
4. n. a line or dose of cocaine; cocaine. These tootheads get sort of frantic when they can’t get a toot.
5. tv. & in. to snort a portion of cocaine. She tooted a couple of lines and came back.