too hot for somebody
too hot for (someone or something)
Too dangerous, taboo, or risky for someone or something to endure or deal with. The scandal was a little too hot for the evening news without heavily censoring the details. It's a dangerous place. If things got too hot for you, get out of there as quickly as you can.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
too ˈhot for somebody(also too hot to ˈhandle) (informal) (too) difficult, dangerous, etc. for somebody: When the scandal became public, things got too hot for the Minister and she resigned. ♢ The newspapers won’t print the story — it’s just too hot to handle.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- too hot for (someone or something)
- not stand the sight of (someone or something)
- get along without
- go without
- go out to
- go out to (someone)
- (someone or something) is going to be the death of (one)
- (someone or something) will be the death of (one)
- bear the sight of (someone or something)
- take something lying down