toke(redirected from toked)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to toked: toked up
slang An unpleasant or painful inhalation while smoking marijuana. I figured it was a harsh toke based on how much you were coughing.
To get high (become intoxicated) by smoking marijuana, especially in the form of a marijuana cigarette. Hey man, Jim and I are going to toke up at his house this weekend, do you want to come? Hey, it's no skin off my teeth if you want to spend your free time toking up, but I have no interest in it whatsoever.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. an irritating puff of a marijuana cigarette. (Drugs.) Wow, that was a harsh toke. Yuck!
2. n. anything or anyone unpleasant. Sally can sure be a harsh toke when she wants.
1. n. a puff of marijuana smoke. (Drugs.) After a big toke, he settled back to drift.
2. tv. & in. to puff a marijuana cigarette. (Drugs.) He sat on a stone to toke one before bean time.
3. n. a cigarette. I left my tokes in my jacket.
4. in. to smoke crack. (Drugs.) They were toking when her mother called on the phone.
5. n. a token. Yeah. Just a little toke of my approval.
6. n. a tip. He left a dollar toke. Wow.
7. tv. to tip someone; to tip some amount. He only toked me a buck.
8. in. to tip. She doesn’t toke very well.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.