tip out(redirected from tipping him out)
1. To empty a vessel of its contents by tipping it over. A noun or pronoun is used between "tip" and "out." The waiter wasn't watching what he was doing and tipped water out onto our table.
2. To empty the contents out of some vessel by tipping it over. A noun or pronoun can be used between "tip" and "out." Barry loves filling up his bucket at the beach and then tipping it out again. He could go through that same process for hours.
3. To distribute a portion of the tips (extra money given as a gratuity) to other people, especially support staff. A noun or pronoun can be used between "tip" and "out." In this restaurant, everyone's tips get pooled together and the manager will tip each person out with the same amount of cash. Make sure you tip out the kitchen staff when you're doing your cash at the end of the evening.
1. To distribute some portion of one's tips to support staff. Used of restaurant servers: The wait staff tips out 15 percent to the kitchen staff.
2. To distribute a portion of one's tips to someone. Used of restaurant servers: The servers tip out all the people who work below them. The bartender forgot to tip me out last night.