Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
An abbreviation of "today I learned," which typically precedes a recently learned fact in a social media post. Often capitalized. TIL that Lady Bird Johnson's real name was Claudia.
A shortened form of "until," meaning up to a certain point or time. More informal than the variant "till." (Without an apostrophe, "til" is usually considered incorrect). A: "Is Cathy still here?" B: "You just missed her—she could only stay ’til 9."
For all time; forever.
- (goodbye) till later
- (goodbye) till then
- call no man happy till he dies
- church ain't out till they quit singing
- count no man happy till he dies
- Don't cross that bridge till you come to it.
- from here till next Tuesday
- if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
- it ain't over till/until it's over
- it ain't over till/until the fat lady sings
- it ain't/it's not over till the fat lady sings
- it isn't over till/until the fat lady sings
- it's not over till it's over
- it's not over till/until the fat lady sings
- Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
- til the cows come home
- till next time
- till the cows come home
- till the fat lady sings
- till then
- till we meet again
- till/to/until your dying day
- till/until all hours
- till/until kingdom come
- till/until the cows come home
- to/till the last
- until hell freezes over
- wait till/until...
- work till you drop
- you never know what you've got till it's gone