tied to someone's apron strings
tied to (one's) apron strings
Controlled or dominated by one. Used especially in reference to a man controlled by a woman. I'm worried that my husband will forever be tied to his mother's apron strings—he's a grown man but still does every little thing she asks! Can you make a decision on your own, or are you tied to her apron strings?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
tied to someone's apron stringstoo much under the influence and control of someone (especially used to suggest that a man is too much influenced by his mother).
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- tied to (one's) apron strings
- tied to apron strings
- tied to his mother's apron strings
- tied to mother's apron strings
- be tied to (one's) mother's apron strings
- be tied to your mother's apron strings
- apron strings, tied to (someone's)
- in the grip of something
- in the grip(s) of (something)
- be tied to something's apron strings