throw around(redirected from thrown me around)
1. To toss someone or something back and forth. A noun or pronoun can be used between "throw" and "around." Let's go out back and throw around the football for a while. My two older brothers threw me around for most of our childhood.
2. To scatter something around an area by throwing it. A noun or pronoun can be used between "throw" and "around." Let's throw some confetti around the room for the party. The eccentric billionaire went through the streets throwing dollar bills around.
3. To share, exchange, discuss things, such as idea. A noun or pronoun can be used between "throw" and "around." We sat at the table throwing around ideas for a new comedy that we could pitch to the network. Why don't we all just throw some suggestions around and see if anything sticks?
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
throw someone or something around
to toss or cast someone or something around. The belligerent fellow at the bar threatened to throw me around a little if I didn't get out of his way. Don't throw around your empty cans.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. To scatter something by or as if by throwing: The guests threw around confetti to make the room more festive. The kids threw sand around the beach.
2. To throw or exchange something back and forth casually: Let's go outside and throw around the ball for a while. We threw some ideas around until we came up with a solution.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.