throw (oneself) upon (someone's) mercy(redirected from throw yourself upon somebody's mercy)
throw (oneself) upon (someone's) mercy
To plead with someone, especially a figure of authority, to show one lenience and mercy. I have no excuse for what I did. I can only throw myself upon your mercy and beg for forgiveness. She threw herself upon the court's mercy, saying that her dependence on drugs led her to commit those crimes.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- throw (oneself) on/at (someone's) mercy
- throw (oneself) on/at the mercy of (someone)
- throw (oneself) upon the mercy of (someone)
- throw oneself at the mercy of some authority
- throw oneself on the mercy of
- throw yourself on somebody's mercy
- place (oneself) at (someone's) mercy
- at the mercy of somebody/something
- say uncle
- say uncle, to