throw (someone or something) on the scrap heap(redirected from threw you on the scrap heap)
throw (someone or something) on the scrap heap
To completely discard someone or something that is unwanted, especially in an unceremonious way. The phrase implies that the thing being discarded is being treated as worthless, completely irredeemable, or not worth fixing. The entire design is in danger of getting thrown on the scrap heap if we can't solve the overheating issue. Fred's worked here for 30 years and they just throw him on the scrap heap like that? That ain't right.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- kick (someone or something) to the curb
- hind tit
- send (one) on (one's) way
- nose around for (someone or something)
- throw out the baby with the bath water
- throw out the baby with the bathwater, to/don't
- throw the baby out with the bath
- throw the baby out with the bath water
- throw the baby out with the bathwater