throw down(redirected from threw me down)
1. To cast or fling someone or something downward. A noun or pronoun can be used between "throw" and "down." He threw down the book down shouted at the kids to be quiet. The security guard threw me down when I tried to get by him.
2. To cast or fling someone or something down through or into something. A noun or pronoun is used between "throw" and "down." I threw the gun down the storm drain so the police wouldn't find it. Our toddler threw my wallet down the toilet, so I can't go anywhere until it gets dry!
3. To eat or drink something very quickly or voraciously. A noun or pronoun can be used between "throw" and "down." I threw down the meal as quickly as I could so I could get back on the road. After losing his job, he sat at the bar throwing drinks down all night.
4. To engage in a brawl or fist fight. You got a problem, punk? You wanna throw down, you just let me know. Whenever he drinks too much he starts throwing down with people at the bar.
throw something down something
to hurl something downward through something, such as a stairway, a duct, a drain, a hole. Max threw the weapon down the storm sewer. Someone threw the bucket down the well.
throw something down
to cast something down onto the ground; to cast something to a lower level. Dave took one look at the box and threw it down. He threw down the box.
1. To hurl or fling someone or something down with great force or speed: The card player threw down her fists in anger. The wrestler threw his opponent down on the mat.
2. To have a fist fight: You should watch your words unless you're prepared to throw down.
in. to eat; to gobble one’s food. (The opposite of throw up = to vomit.) Man, I’m starved. Let’s find a hamburger joint and throw down.