think better of somebody
think (the) better of (one)
To have an improved opinion of someone; to hold someone in higher regard or esteem than previously. Your boss will think better of you if you stand up for yourself. I don't really care whether they think the better of us or not—we're doing this because it's the right thing to do.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
think (the) ˈbetter of somebodyhave a higher opinion of somebody: She has behaved appallingly — I must say I thought better of her.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- benefit of the doubt, to give/have the