there's sth for you
there's (someone or something) for you
That trait, characteristic, behavior, etc., is so typical of the way someone or something usually acts, behaves, or operates. Insider trading and horribly unscrupulous backdoor deals? Yep, there's Wall Street for you. A: "I can't believe he cheated on her with several different women while they were together." B: "What a pig. There's men for you."
See also: for
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
ˌthere’s ˈsth for you(spoken) used to say that something is a very good example of something: She visited him every day he was in the hospital. There’s devotion for you. ♢ (ironic) He didn’t even say thank you. There’s gratitude for you!
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- that's (someone or something) for you
- there's (someone or something) for you
- there's something for you
- there's/that's...for you
- recognize (someone or something) by (something)
- recognize by
- tell (someone or something) by (something)
- tell by
- there's something about (someone or something)
- there's something about somebody/something