the odds are stacked in (someone's or something's) favor(redirected from the odds are stacked in her favour)
the odds are stacked in (someone's or something's) favor
Someone or something is very likely to be successful due to some existing circumstances, conditions, or obstacles that will aid or benefit someone or something. The odds were stacked in the film's favor—an all-star cast, a huge budget, and a great marketing campaign—but it turned out to be one of the biggest flops in the history of the industry. I'd be surprised if she doesn't get the job. With all her connections and experience, the odds are stacked in her favor.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- (someone or something) promises well
- be left in charge (of someone or something)
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be/have done with somebody/something
- be put in charge (of someone or something)
- be in line with (someone or something)
- better of
- (the) smart money is on (someone or something)
- begin with