1. informal An adult woman. Possibly offensive. Being a girl in this industry has always been tough. A: "I hope the girl we hired knows what she's doing." B: "Bob, Ms. Henderson has over 15 years of experience. Show a little respect."
2. informal A female romantic partner. Martha and I are going for dinner this Saturday. Why don't you and your girl come with us? I thought I'd take my girl to Paris for our two-year anniversary.
1. informal A group of women of any age, especially when socializing. I'm going out with the girls this Friday. We're going to try that new Indian restaurant in town. What time are you meeting the girls for drinks?
2. slang The breasts. A: "I was shocked to see Nancy showing off the girls at dinner tonight!" B: "Oh, her dress wasn't that low-cut, Evelyn." A good push-up bra can really do the girls some justice, know what I'm saying?
See also: girl
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. a woman; a young woman. (Objectionable to some as demeaning to women.) A bunch of us girls got together for coffee today.
2. n. the queen of playing cards. (see also bitch.) What I needed in that last hand was the girl.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.