the company somebody keeps
the company (one) keeps
The people with whom one associates or spends time. It's hard as a parent to monitor the company your child keeps without being too controlling of their lives. You can tell a lot about a person by looking at the company they keep.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
the ˈcompany somebody keepsthe people with whom somebody spends time: People disapprove of the company he keeps.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- if you lie with dogs, you will get fleas
- if you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas
- he that lieth with dogs riseth with fleas
- a shopping spree
- if you fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows
- if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas
- down memory lane
- knight of the road