1. Used to indicate a person's particular mood, condition, or mode of behavior. Sorry about Bill's mood swings. He can be a bit hard to deal with when he gets that way. I realized that I always get that way when I drink, so I've decided to give up alcohol altogether.
2. As a result of that; by those means or that method. Let's start carpooling to work. We'll save a bunch of money on gas that way. We've started releasing our newest products at the very end of the fiscal year. That way our end-of-year results end up getting a nice boost.
1. mod. in love. Well, Martha’s that way, but Sam’s just out for a good time.
2. mod. alcohol intoxicated. I’m sorry, but Fred’s that way again and can’t drive to work.
3. mod. homosexual. Ken said that you-know-who was acting sort of that way. What a gossip!